Hi, everyone! Time once again for my “Friday Five” – here we go!
1. If you haven’t already encountered it, do whatever you can to get access to any episodes you can find of the great Canadian sitcom “Corner Gas,” created by a comic genius named Brett Butt (yes, it’s his real name!). Specifically, look for an episode called “Blog River,” in which Brett’s best pal Hank starts a blog – and can’t get anyone to read it! I don’t know about you, but there are times when I TOTALLY identify with Hank! Ah, yes, blogging is a lonely life …
2. Walking is great exercise. It’s fun, it’s relaxing, it’s good for your joints, it’s mildly calorie-burning, and you can save gas by walking to the store instead of driving there. So why can’t I make myself go out and walk every day? Huh? Huh? You tell me.
3. It’s October 6. That means it’s LESS THAN THREE MONTHS TILL CHRISTMAS AAAAHHH!! And I haven’t even started to THINK about Christmas shopping. (Well, that’s not completely true. I’ve thought about OTHER people shopping for ME! nyuk nyuk!)
4. After weeks of complaining, my husband bought some new bathroom scales! They’re actually pretty nice. What I like about them is that the numbers are HUGE, they light up, and they STAY there on the screen long enough for me to step off, lean over, and read them, squinting. (I don’t always have my glasses on, first thing in the morning.) But I must admit, I feel a little sorry for the ol’ WW scales, leaning there against the wall, forlorn, forgotten … they did the best they could, poor things …
5. Do you have a Trader Joe’s near you? If not, you should seriously consider moving. They have these delicious, juicy Mahi Mahi burgers that are super-easy to prepare, yummy as all get-out, and only 110 calories each! Now, I personally hate the actual experience of SHOPPING there – not to mention parking! For some reason, they always seem to have the WORST parking lots.
However, my husband loves it, so I make sure he always has a nice long list. If you’ve got someone in your life you can
con — er, I mean, convince! — to shop there for you, make sure those Mahi Mahi burgers are on your list!
That’s all, folks! Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you on Monday for the Weekly Weigh-in!
One thought on “Friday Five: It’s already October??”